Cambodia is a small country located in Southeast Asia that is approximately the size of Oklahoma. Though relatively small, Cambodia is a major source, transit, and destination country for human trafficking.
- Because of the aftermath of Khmer Rouge, extreme poverty, lack of education, and increase in tourism, children and women are more vulnerable to exploitation (HumanTrafficking.org).
- Cambodia is ranked 14th in the world for human trafficking and modern day slavery (Facts and Statistics, n.d.).
- Sex tourism continues to feed the exploitation of young children and women, although the highest source of demand still comes from Cambodian men (Cambodia, n.d.).
Catalyst Ministries has a partnership with local Cambodian leaders to provide restoration, vocational training, and counseling for survivors of sex trafficking, as well as outreach into the local brothels and surrounding villages.
- These women discover their true beauty and worth as they heal from the wounds of the world through the redemptive blood of Jesus.
- They discover that they are made new, transformed into the very image of Christ through counseling, love, and vocational training provided by our partners in Cambodia.
Cambodia. (n.d.). Retrieved June 02, 2016, from